Thursday, May 6, 2021

APRIL 2021

Monthly: 3 Hours

Cumulative: 15 Hours


This past semester has flown by! April has been definitely difficult with the shelf exam and impending MCAT and AMCAS cycle. I found the shelf exam to be very challenging and overall, I was not happy with how I performed. In addition to personal problems I was dealing with around the same time, I found that I had trouble pacing myself in my studies and should have started earlier. It was a learning experience for me that helped me learn what to expect and how to better prepare for shelf exams in the future. I have learned a lot this semester from my classes but feel that I have most excelled in being more comfortable and less intimidated by the course load and material. I can more easily read a difficult research paper, feel more confident as a presenter, and not feel overwhelmed by mechanisms of action. 


In terms of service this month, I have continued to volunteer at Second Harvest Food Bank. It has become very near and dear to my heart. I continue to look forward to my time there, and my interactions with new people and fellow volunteers who I have found to be such kind and genuine people. It is a safe environment in which we call all share in the spirit of service. I'm thankful that the service component of this program has allowed me to find Second Harvest, and I know without a doubt they are an organization that I want to continue to be a part of long term. It is still hard to believe that we are at the end of the program. I am grateful for all I have learned from amazing professors and for the supportive friends I have met who I hope to one day see in class again in med school!

No comments:

Post a Comment