Sunday, March 28, 2021

MARCH 2021

Monthly: 6 Hours

Cumulative: 12 Hours


March has been a non-stop month. It started off with an exam for the Psych module and more recently a Cell Control Mechanisms module exam. I was pretty satisfied with how I performed on both tests and feel very confident that throughout the course of this program, I have been able to really hone my study skills. The shelf exam is fast approaching, and as anxious as I am about it, I feel like the hard work that I've been doing all year long is paying off. I mainly use notecards to study and have been diligently been making them for every single lecture we've had, so now it's been easy for me to go back and start studying immediately instead of having to organize all the material and start from just looking at notes.

With the most recent module, most of our classes were in the afternoon which gave me more time for volunteering in the mornings. I have decided to continue volunteering at Second Harvest Food Bank. It's always a great experience for me, and I get to meet a lot of interesting people. I recently volunteered alongside an older gentleman who told stories about his travels in Italy and how the food differed in different parts of the country. I find that the atmosphere there is always so positive and uplifting, and I feel a genuine sense of solidarity with those I am able to work and interact with as we help prepare meals to be donated. While I was helping to prep and season raw chicken, the chef mentioned that they have not had to purchase their own chicken for months as they had been receiving continuous donations. This was something that I found quite amazing, and especially because of the pandemic, it really warmed my heart to know that it hadn't deterred good acts of generosity. It inspires me to stay involved in giving back and reminds me that service really is universal.  

No comments:

Post a Comment